Tuesday, November 27, 2012

living in your parents basement

My husband, Marco, and I moved into my parents house December 2011.  True blue suburbs!  Our lease was up in our apartment in Arlington, Virginia and we wanted to save a little cash money for our upcoming wedding.  In the back of our minds we had BIG plans to move to Europe post nuptials.


some of our furnishings inhabiting my parents basement

I had every intention to start writing posts (getting through the blog growing pains) while living at my parents house before we made the big move.  Of course wedding planning took up more free time than I had hoped, so blogging our musings from my parents basement never came to be.  Though, duh, each Friday and Saturday night, 2 saisons or pinot noirs deep, I talked a big game about getting the blog up and running SOON.


extensive library of VHS
my dad used take blockbuster rented videos to
work and copy them for eternal home viewing
our art stowed away
henry enjoying suburbia life while my brother mows the lawn
 Flash forward to now.  We got married at King Family Vineyards in Charlottesville, Virginia in May 2012.  Throughout the time of living with my parents both Marco and I were looking for jobs throughout Europe.  Something promising finally started to develop in May, yada yada yada, Marco secured a job and here we are living in the Cambridgeshire, UK area!  We appreciate my parents so much for allowing us (and our slobbery English bulldog, Henry) to live with them while we settled out the next chapter in our lives.

We look forward to posting often (hey Washington, D.C. and Va Beach family and friends!)  Enjoy a few more images below from living at my parents house.  (Not pictured: the desktop computer)





2 comments:

  1. Nice BLOG! I hope Leroys blog doesn't steal too many of your viewers away though. http://leroysclan.blogspot.com/

    So tell me how do those VHS tapes work again? Do you plug them into your computer?

    Can't wait to see some more blog action from the UK!

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you find it comfortable sharing a house with other people? I get that they're your family, but do you ever wish you just had an apartment of your own, or even a small house? I've been trying to decide if I want to rent out this basement that is up for rent, or if I want to try to find an apartment. I'm just trying to decide if I'd regret moving into another person's home. http://harmancontracting.com.au/basement-living/

    ReplyDelete