Thursday, August 6, 2015

village tour

I spoke about our decision to live in the countryside here when I shared photos of the cottage.  We knew it would be such a change of pace from our rat race commute / city living in Arlington, Virginia.  We are approaching three years living in this village and we still love it.

On most days or evening over the summer, we get out for a family walk.  We walk the village loop, around the village lake, or along one of the many footpaths.  On nicer days I grab my camera before we leave the cottage so I can document summertime in the village.  It is one of the prettiest seasons here, as as the roses are in bloom.

Mostly for our own documentation - the collection I have shared below are from various summer mornings or after dinner twilight walks around the village loop.  Some days I feel nostalgic for our current chapter even while I am still living it!  I guess because I know it isn't permanent, but in this slower pace of life I can't help but remind myself daily how lucky I am.


















































1 comment: