Friday, December 7, 2012

a girl needs to have options

As you can imagine, my wellies (I rock these) have seen more wear in this past month in the UK than the past 3 years I owned them in the US of A.

I embrace their constant mucked up appearance from the muddy footpath walks with Henry.  Below pictures are from the footpaths around East Horsley, where my Uncle Ashely and Aunt Denise live.





I have informed Marco, with all this boot/wellies wearing, a girl has got to have options, right?  Below is a rundown of some options I have been eyeing.  I can see all of these boot styles keeping me dry and warm on the footpaths then also pairing perfectly with a bright crew neck cashmere sweater and skinnies for a pub dinner.  SO, Santa may be good to me?

1) L.L. Bean, classic, dark brown leather.  Doesn't that shearling look so warm?


2) another L.L. Bean option, in black/black or brown/brown

3) Sorel, I love the height and contrast in color.  They would look well proper on the trail, but also cute enough for daytime city walking or a casual date night in a country pub.



4) No. 6 clog boots.  I know I know, these are a stretch.  Not so good for the footpaths, but they have been on my wish list for eternity.  I would sleep in these.  Great with black jeans and an oxford button down or boyfriend sweater or paired with tights or sweater leggings and a shift dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment