Monday, March 11, 2013

naples part 2

So, Sunday in Naples!  Lunch at Zia Connie and Uncle Bill's.

It was a GORGEOUS day.  From Nonna's over to Zia Connie's we went for a beautiful drive.  As the car climbed the winding roads to the high points of the city, we had vista views of the Bay of Naples, Mount Vesuvius, and islands Capri and Ischia. 

I only had a few biscuits and coffee Sunday morning, saving myself for what I knew would be several courses of my full on favorite things, cheesy pasta, crusty bread, fresh mozzarella, and on and ON. 

We had pasta, made with ham, mushrooms, *panna, provolone, and bread crumbs.  Then roasted potatoes, fresh mozzarella and Nonna's sauteed greens.  We finished with fresh Zeppole di San Giuseppe - that Zia Connie picked up from a pasticceria - and homemade citrus aperitif. 

Pictures from Sunday below.  Such a short trip, but we feel beyond lucky to just hop down to Italy for the weekend to see family.  And no jet lag / long flights.  See you in the summer Naples, for some sun and sailing. 

Here is Naples part 1.



*My friends, if you haven't tried panna before.  I recommend picking up a carton or two the next time you are at an Italian market, they come in small cartons and you will find them in the pantry aisles.  Even used sparingly, it can MAKE a pasta dish in my opinion.


 










No comments:

Post a Comment