Friday, March 22, 2013

what you on about?


We think about family often being so far from home, usually in conversation, but today I thought about my father a few times when I was just going about my daily.  Love Taza posted a new Vampire Weekend song that I played a few times over and in the song is the very British phrase, "What you on about?"  I laughed remembering how often my father uses that phrase and how my siblings and I would mock it growing up.  His was more, "What you on'ing about?!?!?!?"

Then again I was reminded of him when I was walking Henry around the village today.  I could. not. walk past a piece of (even the tiniest) litter without picking it up.  (For those of you who know Nigel, the man will pull over on the side of the road to pick up a piece of trash.)  It has been a windy few days and our usually spotless village has a few pieces of trash here and there.  So then again this evening when Marco and I took Henry out, I bent down to pick up a chunk of styrofoam and Marco was all, "Okay Nigel."

I started a job this week at Wadenhoe House, just a five minute commute from our village.  It is a far cry from my geospatial intelligence days but I am excited about it.  The house and grounds are stunning.  And tasked with studying it's history this week has been fun. 

 
office view

We went for a pub dinner last night and brought the boy along.


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! xo


First image from Vampire Weekend "Step" official video.

No comments:

Post a Comment