Monday, April 1, 2013

weekend in photos

We celebrated Henry's 3rd birthday last week with a couple new bones and chilly evening in one of the village fields with his frisbee.

Saturday saw a trip to the nursery to get some flowers and lavender for our garden aka our stone driveway with a little extra room for potted plants.

We made casatiello a Neapolitan Easter bread - stuffed with salami, cheese, hard boiled egg, and oh so HEAVY on the fresh cracked pepper.

Sunday we took a drive to discover some new villages.  Those drives always end with checking out a new pub.  This time it was the Green Man in Stamford.

We walked the grounds of the Burghley House while the sun peeked out for a little while. 

We are still experiencing temperatures averaging in the high 30's / low 40's and it is getting to us.  I have an unusual injury as a result of running in these temperatures.  I have self diagnosed myself with first degree frostbite on half of my toes - I see your eye rolls - that is what Marco did too.  I will spare you the details, but it has been several weeks of reoccurring pain and symptoms, so much so that I have scheduled a doctor's appointment.  I will report back my friends.  Now, some photos...




















1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL photos!! You're going to have to make a book.

    ReplyDelete