Saturday, May 4, 2013

shakespeare half marathon

I hadn't done a race in a while but just shortly after we moved here to England our friend Jenevieve convinced me to join her in signing up for the Shakespeare half marathon.  I thought training through the winter would be easy breezy - then England decided to have one of its harshest winters since 1963.

I'm happy to report that I survived my first degree frost bite on my toes and came in at 1 hour 49 minutes.   I ran the race with three friends and though we all started the race alone, we managed to find each other around mile 9 and ran several miles of the countryside course together.

We forgot our camera that day so we only have a few pictures from my iPhone. John, Rafe, Marco, Megan, and Henry were excellent support!  Post race was reserved for multiple pints but we will be back to Shakespeare's birthplace to play tourist.

Weekend one of friends' visits starts tonight! Friend Keghley is working in Dublin for the month and is hopping over to see us for the weekend. We are heading down to Surrey tomorrow to see my aunt and uncle and spend some time in London.  I hope everyone is having the most excellent spring so far.  xo






No comments:

Post a Comment