Thursday, February 21, 2013

shakespeare half marathon training

I am starting to up my regular running mileage in preparation for the Shakespeare half marathon I'm running late April in Stratford-upon-Avon.

I wanted to share a few photos from a couple of my runs last week.  I usually stick to road running but there are so many footpaths and country parks to explore.  The muddy paths and hills are straining and more difficult but the views make it worth while.

Since my last marathon, I have joined the smart phone world.  Anyone heard of or use the app RunKeeper?  RunKeeper tracks your distance and locality using GPS as well as records your mile pace splits. 

Gone are the days of mapping out my runs via my '94 Dodge Caravan odometer to ensure I run the miles I need to.  Or using Google Earth path distance tool and squinting at the imagery to find trails from Arlington to the National Zoo. 

I'm looking forward to race day and post race pubbing in the historical town. 












And then a not so chilly run.





3 comments:

  1. What beautiful scenery! Maybe I would learn to enjoy running if I moved to England...

    ReplyDelete
  2. new workout gear? Like the hot yellow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't even deal with your SURROUNDINGS. beyond pretty.

    ReplyDelete