Monday, February 25, 2013

weekend in photos

I don't have much as far as a weekend photo dump goes.  Marco came down with a cold on Friday and was reluctant about our lazy weekend, but nurse insisted.  The only time we left the village the entire weekend was on Sunday to grab some lunch at a coffee shop in Oundle.

I made this pie to take to John and Jenevieve's for dinner on Friday night.  The crust turned out quite well for my first attempt at pie crust!  The filling was a little watery, maybe because I had to sub in a berry variety because the market was fresh out of rhubarb.  

I also made this chicken noodle soup, super tasty.  




A great garden / antique homeware shop in Oundle, Foxtail Lilly.  (Not hiring at the moment, in case you were wondering.)


A few photos from my run today.  My favorite footpath views yet.  And it ends at one of our favorite pubs, The King's Head in Wadenhoe.  








1 comment:

  1. You are becoming such a little Martha Stewart in your "retirement"!

    ReplyDelete